Once we had the cabinets out, we realized the plaster was pretty nasty. So we thought, what the heck, let's just take that down too. And now it looks like this! With the bonus of a free refrigerator we found on the side of the road that just so happens to be the perfect petite size we were going to purchase.
You would think getting to the house this point would be encouraging, but seeing the whole back half essentially gutted has been giving me extreme anxiety. There is so much to do before we can start to build it back up... but it will happen.
Here's what's next:
- Replace the single door to sliding patio doors
- Move the window over a bit so it will be centered over the new sink
- Evaluate the electric, add in outlets where necessary
- Put in supports for open shelving
- Insulate walls that are currently open
- Put up drywall
- Address the ceilings, make them match across the two spaces
- Think about flooring
- Get the space ready for cabinet install
.... I'm tired just thinking about it. We'll be up this weekend tackling small and fun projects, like painting the bathroom something like this moody shade, Benjamin Moore Washington Blue.